Thank you to all who participated in this eCourse! For participants who completed the course work, instructions on how to claim your certificate will be sent directly to your email starting Friday, March 19th.
Challenges Associated with Congenital and Early Acquired Brain Injury eCourse
Presenter: Kristine Stadskleiv, PhD
Deadline to Register for eCourse: Monday, February 15, 2021
eCourse Access Begins: Upon completion of registration (course is self-paced)
eCourse Closes: Monday, March 15, 2021
eCourse Cost: $100 AACPDM Members / $150 Non-Members
- Understand the most frequent cognitive challenges in children with CP
- Knowledge about a follow-up protocol for regular assessment of cognition in children with CP
- Understanding the principles of adapting cognitive assessment to individuals with severe speech and motor impairments, including altering of response modality
- Knowledge about visual-spatial perception and visual-spatial impairments in children with cerebral palsy and spina bifida/MMC
- Ability to explain the relationships between brain imaging and visual-perceptual impairments in children with CP
- Knowledge about the a model of the development of executive functioning
- Knowledge about the difference between ‘hot’ and ‘cold’ executive functions
- Knowledge about frequency and characteristics of executive impairments in children with CP and early acquired brain injury
_____________________________________________________________________________________________HOW TO ENROLL:
1. Login if you have taken an eCourse before or Create an Account
Please keep in mind this is separate from your AACPDM account (unless you created it to be the same).
2. Select the Course from “Available Courses”
3. Follow the directions on screen to submit a payment through PayPal. You do not need a PayPal account and may checkout as a guest.
System Requirements: For browsers, we recommend Firefox 3.5+ or IE 8. We no longer support IE 6. Though not optimized for other browsers, eCourses will also work with popular mobile devices, Chrome and Safari. There may be minor visual differences among different browsers, but it shouldn't affect performance or functionality.
For best results, you’re encouraged to access your eCourses through a high-speed broadband service, and check to make sure you have adequate audio and video capabilities, including Adobe Flash. eCourses will perform well on either a Mac or Windows-based computer.
Cancellation Policy: No refunds will be granted to AACPDM eCourses enrollment. Any cancellation requests must be received in writing prior to the course start date to email@example.com. Approved requests will be given credit towards a future AACPDM eCourse.